From Asia

There are two types of mobility schemes available to international students: within the framework of an exchange program, or outside it (freemover)


Studying abroad within the framework of an exchange program

An inter-University agreement often enables restricted study abroad.

If your establishment has signed a cooperation agreement with the UNS, you can check with your head of IR whether study abroad in Nice is possible.

A study exchange also has the benefit of being free of tuition fees, which must only be paid in the University of origin. The exchange program allows you a real cultural immersion and educational experience for a University term or year.

As a general rule, your study period in Nice is recognised in your establishment on the basis of your grades obtained in the UNS.

In addition to bilateral agreements, there are also various European and international agreements enabling participation in University exchanges. This type of program often provides financial aid to beneficiary students.

Restricted study abroad programs may also take place within the framework of dual-degree programs that allow students to get degrees from two, indeed several, universities at the end of their course.


The UNS is the coordinator of the EMMA program, in which 10 Asian universities participate: Cambodia – the Philippines - Laos - Myanmar –– Mongolia - Thailand - Vietnam.

For further information:


Studying abroad outside the framework of an exchange program

If you are interested in studying at the UNS outside the framework of any exchange program, and if you wish to sign up to the UNS on an individual basis, the registration procedure may differ depending on the study level (Degree, Masters, Doctorate) and the discipline.

Thus, a specific DAP (Request for Prior Admission) procedure, managed by Campus France, may be relevant to you depending on your study plan and country of origin.

Above all we recommend you visit the Campus France site, which contains general information on higher education in France and the DAP procedure.

Campus France site:

It is important to contact the Cultural and University Cooperation Service of the French Embassy in your country, which will be able to help you prepare for your studies.

In respect of registration procedures and administrative formalities at the UNS, you will find all useful information on the page “Démarches et procédures“ (actions and procedures)