From the EU

There are two types of mobility schemes available to international students: within the framework of an exchange program, or outside it (freemover)


Studying abroad within the framework of an exchange program

An inter-University agreement often enables restricted study abroad.

If your establishment has signed a cooperation agreement with the UNS, you can check with your head of IR whether study abroad in Nice is possible.

A study exchange also has the benefit of being free of tuition fees, which must only be paid in the University of origin. The exchange program allows you a real cultural immersion and educational experience for a University term or year.

As a general rule, your study period in Nice is recognised in your establishment on the basis of your grades obtained in the UNS.

In addition to bilateral agreements, there are also various European and international agreements enabling participation in University exchanges. This type of program often provides financial aid to beneficiary students.

Such restricted study abroad programs may also take place within the framework of dual-degree programs that allow students to get degrees from two, indeed several, universities at the end of their course.


Studying abroad outside the framework of an exchange program

If you are interested in studying at the UNS outside the framework of any exchange program, and if you wish to sign up to the UNS on an individual basis, the registration procedure may differ depending on the study level (Degree, Masters, Doctorate) and the discipline.

Thus, a specific DAP (Request for Prior Admission) procedure, managed by Campus France, may be relevant to you depending on your study plan and country of origin.

Above all we recommend you visit the Campus France site, which contains general information on higher education in France and the DAP procedure.

Campus France site:

It is important to contact the Cultural and University Cooperation Service of the French Embassy in your country, which will be able to help you prepare for your studies.

In respect of registration procedures and administrative formalities at the UNS, you will find all useful information on the page “Démarches et procédures”  (actions and procedures)

A/ Erasmus

For over 25 years, the Erasmus program has allowed numerous students to enjoy an enriching international experience in a European Union higher education establishment and Signatory countries of the Erasmus Charter (countries of the EFTA + EU accession states) The Erasmus program's current incarnation is the new Erasmus +program.


The Université Nice Sophia Antipolis is a signatory of the Erasmus + Charter for Higher education (ECHE).

Inter-institution agreements with over 290 establishments have been signed with this program, allowing for study abroad at the Université Nice Sophia Antipolis.

It is vital to check with your International Relations department and your Erasmus coordinators whether cooperation has been agreed with the UNS. It is the Erasmus coordinator in your establishment who can guide you and help you prepare for your study abroad.

He can confirm whether your plans are possible in Nice for the relevant period, discipline and level of study concerned.



B/ Integrated courses

In addition to student exchange programs (type Erasmus or bilateral exchange agreement), study abroad may also take place within the framework of integrated courses that enable candidates to get a dual-degree at the end of their course.


Several integrated courses have been set up at the Université Nice Sophia Antipolis in partnership with other European Universities, several of which are labelled.

There are three joint Erasmus Mundus Masters:

- Erasmus Mundus Masters in Hydroinformatics and Water Management (

- Erasmus Mundus MathMods Masters (

- Erasmus Mundus Masters in the Performing Arts   (


There are three integrated courses set up within the framework of the Université Franco-Allemande program:

- LEA Degree in Germanic Studies / Bachelor Romanistik in partnership with the University of Ratisbonne (

- Tri-national masters in Communication Media and Culture in partnership with Europa-Universität Viadrina Frankfurt - Oder (Germany) and the University of Sofia St. Climent Ohrid (Bulgaria)

- Integrated German MEEF (Teaching, Education and Training)/ Master LINT Lehramt Deutsch Französisch (for more information on this integrated course:


Dual degree courses have been put in place with several European partners on the basis of bilateral agreements.

List of programs and partners at the EU level

C/ Bilateral Agreements

The UNS has concluded cooperation agreements concerning student exchanges and dual degrees, within the framework of which study abroad may be envisaged.


The Erasmus program is not the only framework that enables student exchanges.

The Université Nice Sophia Antipolis has concluded numerous bilateral agreements at an EU level, some of which are limited to study abroad, and some of which allow the awarding of a dual degree.

We recommend you check with your International Relations department whether there is a cooperation agreement between the UNS and your University, and ask for information on how to participate in this type of program.



ISEP is a network of over 300 universities around the world, including 150 in the United States and 165 in a further 55 Countries worldwide. The Université Nice Sophia Antipolis has been a member of this network since 1983.


Your international relations department will be able to provide information on this program and confirm its membership of the ISEP network.

Official ISEP site: