Visas and entering the country

European students do not need a Visa to study in France.

If you need a Visa, you should apply for it right after receiving an admission letter or at least 3 months before travelling. (a tourist visa is NOT sufficient for one semester of studies) 

The visas are managed by Campus France or the appropriate French authorities in your country.  

Travelling outside France during my exchange :

It depends on your status in France and your county relations.

Normally, you can travel inside the Schengen Area but if you are a visa holder, you would need an OFII stamp. We advise you to make enquiries at the French Consulate when applying for your visa.


The "Etudes en France" (Studying in France) procedure involves Foreign students residing in one of the following 46 countries :

Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, the Republic of the Congo, South Korea, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, United States, Gabon, Guinea, Haïti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mexico, Niger, Nigeria, Peru, Democratic Republic of Congo, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Russia, Taiwan, Tchad, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey and Vietnam.


If you live in one of these countries, the "Etudes en France " procedure is mandatory to enrol in French Higher education. It is conducted online, from the enrollment request to obtaining a visa.

You can find all of the details of the procedure in the article  "You reside in a country affected by the "Etudes en France" procedure.


Une erreur est survenue lors de la mise en place du portlet.